GLR Cadet Leadership School
2018 Great Lakes Region Cadet Leadership School
deposits to the wing. Only out of wing applicants may send their check or money order to RCLS c/o Kentucky Wing Civil Air Patrol PO Box 4665 Frankfort, KY 40604-4665.
The Great Lakes Region Cadet Leadership School is designed to explore the leadership program as it relates to refining the skills of CAP Cadet Officers. This school will be unlike any other that you may have participated in previously. The standards are high for this cadet professional development opportunity, as this school is a requirement for the grade of C/Lt Col.
Cadets will be given many assignments to complete throughout the week that will be graded and points assessed. There will be a combination of group and individual assignments that will be required to be turned in. Being that this school is a comparable equivalent to CAP’s Cadet Officer School held at Maxwell AFB, AL, it will be treated as such. Cadets will be treated just as a cadet that would be attending that course. With responsibility comes privilege.
A team oriented, self motivated attitude is required for all cadet candidates to be successful at this school. There is no guarantee of graduation from this course. This should not be a problem if the cadet candidate exhibits their highest levels of professionalism, and highest level of work possible at all times. This course will be stressful, just as being a leader is stressful. At all times the staff will be available to talk to, and conference with. Many cadets have found frequent conference with the staff very helpful in completing assignments and dealing with stress.
Cadet candidates have found this course to be the most challenging thing they have experienced in their cadet careers. From past experiences, the cadets that have participated in this course do a lot of personal reflection, and find out a lot about themselves they didn’t know or what they never realized was possible, is in fact possible.
If you are interested in accepting the challenge and rewards that this course offers, please apply with the following criteria:
1. Hold the grade of C/MSgt by the start of the RCLS and have completed Basic Encampment.
2. Complete a letter of interest memo introducing yourself and outlining your goals in CAP emailed to RCLS@kywg.cap.gov.
3. Complete the application process outlined for attending the RCLS with all additional required forms and email to RCLS@kywg.cap.gov
4. Be mentally prepared for a mental heavy activity.
5. Accept that all cadet candidates are equal in standing regardless of grade earned.
6. Have a positive attitude ready to learn.
7. Know that there is no guarantee of graduation without obtaining an 80% of all possible point opportunities.
Director Great Lakes Region Cadet Leadership School
1. Fill out every spot of the online application. Failure to fill everything out could result YOUR APPLICATION NOT BEING ACCEPTED.
2. Required forms for cadets are: CAPF 31, CAPF 160, CAPF 161, CAPF 163, CAPF 60-80, DD 1381
3. Required forms for senior members are: CAPF 31, CAPF 160, CAPF 17, DD 1381
4. Have your completed and scanned forms prior to starting the application. IF PARENT SIGNATURES ARE NOT FOUND ON CADET APPLICATION, THEN THEIR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
5. Links to the forms